The plans I used were drawn by Arch Davis for his Bay Pilot 18' cruiser. I ordered the full sized mylar sheets to insure the hull was cut exactly to his design. From the chine log to the sheer I changed the design to fit my concept of what the boat should look like. I also added approximately 3' behind frame #8 to accommodate the motor well.
The girders received a 1/2 X 4" oak pad which adds substantial structural integrity to the boat.
Some creative clamping to hold the stringers in place so I can mark the cuts in the frames.
The lower stringers make a hard bend to accommodate the stem. To keep them from breaking I split the bow portion on the band saw and then added epoxy prior to clamping them in place. All stringers are red oak.
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Completed motor cover with 2' mahogany overy strips. Sealed with penetrating epoxy Motor cover installed. Portable work table with min...
-
Starting to frame the cuddy deck. I opted to eliminate the camber which made the framing much easier. The photo shows the transom in the mo...
-
The hull receives two layers of 6mm marine plywood bonded with thickened epoxy and synthetic staples. The perimeter is screwed with SS scre...
-
Unfortunately during turn over the crew was rather busy and no one thought to take pictures. You can see the upright pole with the chain fr...




No comments:
Post a Comment